Safe Elders- Bingo
This Safe Elder Bingo game is a great way to engage elders in any group setting on the risk factors of falling through a social game.
Type of Activity: Social
Target Audience: older adults
Cost: Cost would be associated with the printing of materials as well as any prizes provided.
Timeline for Activity: Can vary
- To raise awareness about the different types of risk factors for falls.
- To learn what people can do to reduce their risk of being injured from a fall.
- You will need the following materials to play BINGO:
- Instruction Sheet
- Fall Prevention Facts Handout
- Printable 8.5 x 11” bingo cards (50 different cards to choose from)
- Printable 8.5 x 11” sheets of calling squares (you will need to cut these apart)
Download these materials from the website: http://www.safeforelders.com
You will also need:
- BINGO Stampers or Pens
- A box or bag (not see through!) to put the calling squares in
Print enough cards to give one (or more) to each player. Make sure you print different cards so that there
are only one or two winners at a time, or if you want more winners, make sure you have enough prizes!
The caller should familiarize themselves with the rules of the game.